Re: [Xen-devel] consistent LVM snapshot of domUs from dom0

> is there some progress regarding this subject? Still, if there is
> something I could help with, please do not hesitate to tell me what could
> I do...

Hi!

Sorry, I've not been doing Xen coding over the Christmas / New Year period,
partly due to being away and partly due to being ill.

I'm back in Cambridge and getting back into things now.  I'll be trying to get
a copy of the code online later today and will point you at it when it's
there.  Currently it doesn't actually *do* very much ;-) but it's a start on
what I think could turn into some interesting stuff!

Cheers,
Mark

> > Yes, I think that's a sensible first step to take.  Later on, we could
> > perhaps look into putting some more smarts in, e.g. doing the snapshot
> > creation automatically in the case that an LVM volume or QCow virtual
> > disk is already being used.
> >
> > I hadn't come across freeze/thaw_bdev before - I'd found a lock / unlock
> > call for filesystem locking somewhere that looked promising but not
> > implemented it yet.  I imagine it might boil down to a similar thing in
> > the end.
> >
> > Either way, being able to freeze specific block devices could be useful
> > for backup purposes.  There's no point freezing filesystems that are not
> > used to store backed-up data, for instance!
> >
> >> Yup, agree :)
> >> Cheers!
> >
> > OK, I'll try and get some code online at some point and let you know when
> > it's available.

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!