Re: [Xen-devel] That xenstored console leak...

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 12:48:20PM -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:

> > Here's what I'm using to fix it in 3.1. Obviously too risky for 3.2 now,
> > and anyway, there's a much more serious problem in 3.2 - entire /vm/
> > entries are leaked on domU reboot! I haven't got round to debugging that
> > one yet since it's not present in 3.1, but it really should be fixed
>
> I'm unable to reproduce the console leak on 3.2.  I have tried rebooting
> managed PV domU's several times with no orphaned console entries - using
> 'xm reboot' and rebooting within the guest itself.

Hmm. Maybe this is a result of one of the other console changes since
3.1? I don't see how 3.2 fixes this any more than 3.1 on a quick look.
Anyway, the patch (once I've fixed it, thanks Keir) seems an obvious
improvement even if it's not needed for the console any more.

> This leak is much worse than a single device leaking :-(.  I'll have a
> look but may be a day or two before I can get to it.

That'd be great...

cheers,
john