[Xen-devel] Re: Cannot boot xen DomU > 2.6.23.1

xming wrote:
Thanks, that answers that particular question; the vcpu is blocked
waiting for something to happen, which probably means it missed the
event which was supposed to wake it up.  Why is another question.  At
least there's a workaround, and that workaround gives me some clue where
to look.

Want me to test it?

I'll probably look at this when my current batch of work is under control. In the meantime, I'll submit the workaround patch to keep people happy. The only downside is a small performance hit.

BTW, is it an SMP or UP domain?   Does it make a difference?

It doesn't matter, I tried vcpu=1 and vcpu=2, unless you want me to try
to recompile a UP kernel?

It would be an interesting datapoint, but I don't think it will make a difference.

Maybe when I have nothing else to do.

I'll wait, or should I poke xen-devel?

Poke xen-devel.