Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot boot 2.6.24 kernel as PV guest.

pradeep singh rautela wrote:
Hi Jeremy,
On 02/02/2008, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
pradeep singh rautela wrote:
Hi

I thought linux 2.6.24 kernel can be booted as a PV guest kernel under Xen.
So I have these two important options enabled in my guest PV kernel config i.e
CONFIG_VIRTUALIZATION=y
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_GUEST=y

Did you also enable CONFIG_XEN?  Not much will happen without that.

I cannot find any such config option in my config-2.6.24.

luser@helvella:/boot$ grep CONFIG_XEN config-2.6.24
luser@helvella:/boot$ grep XEN config-2.6.24
luser@helvella:/boot$ grep PARA config-2.6.24
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_GUEST=y
luser@helvella:/boot$ grep -i CONFIG_XEN config-2.6.24
luser@helvella:/boot$ grep -i XEN config-2.6.24

Looks like I am missing something here.Why is the option missing in my
config file?
Pardon my stupidity but It ll be helpful if you can explain why is the
option missing?

Not sure. Could you send your whole .config? Are you compiling a 64-bit kernel?