Re: [Xen-devel] building xen without mercury repository access

Keir Fraser a écrit :
> On 5/2/08 17:54, "Guillaume Rousse" <Guillaume.Rousse@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I just tried to update mandriva xen package. I noticed the build
>> procedure changed since 3.1.0: instead of downloading pristine kernel
>> sources, and patching them locally, the makefile now directly fetches
>> modified kernel from xen mercury repository.
>
> Yes, that's right. Preferably the repository linux-2.6.18-xen.hg is placed
> adjacent (at same directory level) to your xen repository.
>
>> And even if a working
>> directory exists, it apparently still attempts to sync it before
>> building... Which is quite curious for a tagged release (but I may have
>> misunderstood the process).
>
> Not sure what you mean. We don't automatically 'hg pull' in the Linux
> directory to pull upstream patches down, or anything like that.
That:
make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire «
/home/guillomovitch/cooker/xen/BUILD/xen-3.2.0 »
[..]
Pulling changes from http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
into linux-2.6.18-xen.hg.
pulling from http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
searching for changes
no changes found

However, I just found out than using the repository was just the default
behaviour. The following env variables allow to use a local pristine
kernel tarball:
export XEN_LINUX_SOURCE=tarball
export KETCHUP=/bin/true

It's just a bit difficult to grab in the makefile to find it :/
--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs