Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Domgrps/SchedGrps Merge RFC: domgrps-vmm

Mike D. Day, le Mon 11 Feb 2008 17:07:38 -0500, a écrit :
> So a domain can only belong to one group at a time. Would it ever be
> useful for a domain to belong to more than one group? This type of
> restriction seems to work against the idea of a general grouping
> concept.

Right.

> For example, all domains that belong to a scheduling group
> (assuming we eventually merge domgrp and schedgrp) would automatically
> be removed from a scheduling group if added to any other type of
> group.

Which makes sense, doesn't it?

> This argues for keeping different types of groups under different
> grouping infrastructures unless we can figure out a way for a domain
> to have multiple group memberships. It may be too complicated to do so.

Yes, usually group mecanisms are just hierarchical rather than being so
generic as to permit several membership.  I guess the common pitfall is
when enumerating groups, you may see a domain several times, and such
strange effects.

Samuel