Re: [Xen-devel] building xen without mercury repository access

On 12/2/08 10:43, "Guillaume Rousse" <Guillaume.Rousse@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Yes.  But which version of our hg tree ?  There aren't any release
>> tags and a nightly tarball from tip would look scary even if it's
>> actually quite stable.
> I don't really care, as long as it is properly identified. Keir
> suggested revision 406, it's OK for me (I don't track internal changes,
> I'm not a kernel hacker).
> Of course, if you could have releases, it would be better :)

I think in future we will hold off big changes to the Linux repo coming up
to a release, and we will snap the Linux repo for a tarball when we do the
Xen release. So at least something reasonably stable is available for people
to build with new Xen, at little extra effort for us.

In this case I have tagged the current Linux repo tip as 'xen-3.2.0' and we
will a roll a tarball of that.

 -- Keir