Re: [Xen-devel] building xen without mercury repository access

  • To: Maximilian Wilhelm <max@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:34:00 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 03:34:35 -0800

On 12/2/08 11:25, "Maximilian Wilhelm" <max@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> This is now available here:
>>
>> http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/3.2.0/linux-2.6.18-xen-3.2.0.tar.gz
>> and we should have a link to it from xen.org soon.
>
> So what would I now have to do if I want to build Xen 3.2 with e.g.
> Kernel 2.6.24?
>
> Do I really have to generate a patchset with diffing the
> xen-kernel-tree with vanilla 2.6.18?

2.6.24 has support for running on Xen as a domU. So you do not need to apply
any patchset on the vanilla kernel. The work to let upstream kernel run as
dom0 is still in progress. Until then you have to use our 2.6.18 or,
preferably, a kernel provided by your distro. The kernel does not have to
specifically a '3.2 kernel' -- any reasonably modern Xen-patched kernel
should do.

 -- Keir