Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 and apicid not equal to cpuid

  • To: Mark Langsdorf <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:26:59 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:26:33 -0800

On 13/2/08 22:52, "Mark Langsdorf" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure if this is what you wanted or not, but it's
> the minimum patch that resolves the issue on my system and it
> should be the correct logic path.
>
> Replace the hard coded values in the dom0_vcpus_pinned case with
> with the correct logic to get Xen to do the right thing.

It's pretty obviously not the correct thing to do since it is not generally
the case that apicid == cpuid+4. The latter id space does not even have a
guaranteed ordering across physical cores and sockets! This is why you were
discussing reviving code in mpparse.c, because this relationship must be
established dynamically, right?

 -- Keir