[Xen-devel] Re: stubdom questions

Samuel,
Thanks for your reply.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:56:35PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Zhai, Edwin, le Tue 19 Feb 2008 19:39:41 +0800, a écrit :
> > I have a try with HVM stubdomain on r17062, but failed to make on 32b
> > platform.
> > Attached patch can fix it, but don't know if okay.
>
> That is how such issues have usually been solved so I guess in principle
> it is.  Is your code coming from freebsd too?

Maybe. I copy this code from xen/common/lib.c

> > After installation, I failed to start stubdom. So I created it manually
>
> See the commented "xm create" line in the stubdom-dm script, to enable
> debugging.

I have enabled this to pop up a xterm for debug, but got same result.

> > 1. I use default vnclisten. Does it matter?
>
> Yes:
>
> > #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > # address that should be listened on for the VNC server if vnc is set.
> > # default is to use 'vnc-listen' setting from /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
> > #vnclisten="localhost"
>
> So if your vnc-listen setting is e.g. localhost, the VNC server of the
> stubdom will be restricted to the stub domain itself, and you won't be
> able to connect.

vnclisten = "172.30.206.1""
I still have issue with the IP addr. How to select it, the dom0 ip or whatever
in the subnet?

vif = [ 'ip=172.30.206.1', 'ip=10.0.1.1,mac=aa:00:00:12:23:34']
Does it mean the stubdom would create an extra vnif with the ip and start a VNC
server on it? So I need ping 172.30.206.1 first to see if the vnif works?

I saw "changeset 17122 -- minios: add PVFB support". Is it a must for stubdom
vnc?

--
best rgds,
edwin