Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PVFB wheel events (z-axis)

All right, I think I understand now how this works.

1. X reports wheel motion as button 4 & 5.

2. VNC viewer duly transmits that into QEMU.

3. QEMU converts it to -1/+1 on z-axis (pointer_event() in vnc.c).

4. Your patch transmits that to the vkbd frontend.

   Bug: struct xenkbd_position claims abs_z is absolute, which is not
   true.

   Question: is that the protocol we want?  More below.

5. The vkbd frontend stuffs the z-axis motion into the input layer as
   REL_WHEEL, with the sign reversed.

   Bug: it ignores movement other than -1/+1.  A case can be made for
   ignoring 0.

   Bug: when it acts on z-axis movement, it ignores x/y movement /
   position.

6. X converts the wheel movement back to button 4 & 5.

Weird, isn't it?

I'm not sure we want to encode wheel events as z-axis motion in the
vkbd frontend/backend protocol.  Wouldn't it make more sense to encode
it as buttons?