[Xen-devel] Re: Xen paravirt frontend block hang

xming wrote:
On Feb 7, 2008 5:09 AM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
xming wrote:
But I do have one problem after I upgraded to xen 3.2, the 2.6.23.x domU do
not boot any more and 2.6.24 does boot but will hang after cpufreq changes
the frequency.

Interesting.  Do you mean dom0 cpufreq frequency changes will cause the
domU to hang?

Yes, when Dom0 changes freq while domU is doing something will trigger this.
When using "on demand" will trigger this very eassily.

This is from xm top when a domU hangs:

    test32 ------       4018   98.8     131072    6.4     131072
6.4     1    1     4516    50087    1        0   433908   300403
3084907223

So it appers to be running (eating CPU) sometimes the state is "r"
sometimes "-",
but both console and network are dead.

I haven't tried to repro this yet, but I suspect I won't be able to because all my test machines have constant_tsc. Does CPU change TSC rate on processor speed changes?