Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] Clean up handling of IS_PRIV_FOR() and rcu_[un]lock_domain().

Hello,

Keir Fraser, le Sat 29 Mar 2008 11:47:57 +0000, a écrit :
> > IIRC the event channel ops are not needed right now, but will probably
> > be in the future.
>
> They were all fine, except there was one inexplicable check of IS_PRIV_FOR()
> in bind_interdomain() which I nuked. It was so bizarre that I assumed you
> must have put it there for a reason, and this would be one that you'd
> complain about.

I'm now complaining :)

The bind_interdomain() trick is needed for the ioreq events channel:
when it gets installed, it is supposed to be between the HVM domain and
dom0 (the stub domain doesn't exist anyway).  The meaning of the test is
hence to allow the stub domain to hijack that event channel (because it
has privileges on the remote domain).

With that fix, stub domains are working again (but Cirrus bios doesn't
work yet)

Samuel