[Xen-devel] Vanilla Linux 64-bit paravirt guest support

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Michael Abd-El-Malek <mabdelmalek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 00:20:21 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:22:39 -0700

Hello,

Can someone tell me what the status of 64-bit paravirtualization support is in the vanilla Linux tree? It seems that 2.6.24 only has 32-bit PV support. And it seems that 2.6.25 will be getting 64-bit PV support. Will it be complete? Some lkml posts seem to suggest that not all hypercalls are supported for 64-bit?

On a related note: is it possible to compile the PV network/block drivers for a HVM Linux guest with the newest kernels? Compilation failed and a previous message on the list says that you can't do that. The reason I'd want to do this is to let me run a 64-bit recent Linux kernel with PV drivers.

Thanks,
Mike