Re: [Xen-devel] No noht?

> Perhaps that's because the common use case is "try
> noht and see if it makes any difference".  Guess what?
> Since "noht" is silently ignored, it *doesn't* make any
> difference. ;-) There are many xen-devel and xen-users
> postings (since it disappeared) that indicate that noht
> is assumed to work.  Even Mark Williamson has a 2007
> posting that implies that it should work.

Hrmmm.  I often poke into the sourcecode to check regarding options I'm about
to tell people to use; I probably didn't do that for noht so it may still
have been around at the time.

I can't remember it going away; I don't imagine it would be very difficult to
reintroduce, if we figure out where / why it went away in the first place!
Failing that, it should get de-documented from anywhere it's currently
mentioned...

> Also, I'll bet the fraction of machines running Xen
> today that both support hyperthreading (and have it
> turned on in the BIOS) is very small.  But
> if rumors are true, that may change over the
> next couple of years.

Yup, it sounds like HT is on its way back to Intel machines.

Cheers,
Mark