Re: [Xen-devel] Replacing (vga)bios.bin source code with compiled binaries?

  • To: "Niklas K." <nickie12@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jean Guyader" <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 18:12:36 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:13:00 -0700

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Niklas K. <nickie12@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>  this may be a more general issue with editing source code and makefiles,
>  but as I'm not really a developer, I can't do it on my own and I thought
>  I'd ask you on this mailing list rather than on some general development
>  mailing list/forum:
>
>  I need to get modified hvmloader and vmxloader binaries that load a
>  modified BIOS binary. I think the easiest way to do this is to remove
>  some parts of the makefiles included in the Xen source code and add the
>  compiled binary to the source (what probably doesn't work: I don't know
>  if the bios.bin is directly compiled into the hvmloader/vmxloader
>  binaries or the compiled bios.bin is inserted into them).
>  Can you help me in doing this?

Hello Niklas,

The content of the binaries your are talking about is put into an
header file (roms.h)
and hvmloader use this file during the compilation process. You should
look at the the
Makefile in tools/firmware/hvmloader to see how roms.h is created.

Cheers,

--
Jean Guyader