[Xen-devel] Modifying xentop

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Carlo Bertoldi <mcbain@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:10:50 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 26 May 2008 01:11:14 -0700

Hi,
I'd like to extend xentop, so after some study I realized that I have to start extending libxenstat. Let's say I want to know how many free_pages a domain has, so I added a field in xen_sysctl_physinfo (include/xen/interface/sysctl.h) and one in xen_domctl_getdomaininfo (include/xen/interface/domctl.h). CIIW, I think the flow is like: libxenstat -> libxc -> xc_physinfo -> ? I think that here I've got to check the kernel side interface in drivers/xen/privcmd/privcmd.c but I can't find anything that takes care of handling some physinfo struct. Am I completely off road here? Do I have to look into the hypervisor instead of the guest kernel?
Thanks,
 Carlo

--
È molto più bello sapere qualcosa di tutto, che sapere tutto di una cosa.

Blaise Pascal