Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

James,
Sorry if I missed it earlier, but on version 0.9.2 you mentioned a bug that would essentially lock up the dom0 system for 5 or so minutes if a Windows bug check occurred on a system running the GPL PV drivers.  Any word or whether this is fixed or not?

Thanks - Nick

>>> On 2008/06/01 at 07:22, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've just made my first ever attempt at an Nullsoft installer, so if you
want to try it download "Xen PV Drivers 0.9.5.exe" from
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/

The installer should detect the version of windows you are running and
install the drivers. At the moment you'll need to install the shutdown
monitor service manually, but you can do that from the start menu.

I haven't figured out a way to update the boot.ini (and the vista
equivalent) yet, and I'm a bit reluctant to try it as there is plenty of
potential to break things. I have added some documentation on the use of
bcdedit to the wiki though (you can get to the wiki page from the start
menu, or http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv), so if
someone can have a look and let me know if there's a better way I'd be
very grateful.

Other than that, I fixed a bug which was stopping the drivers working
for me under windows 2008, so if 2008 or Vista wasn't working previously
you might like to try this version.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who's run disk performance testing
recently... 0.9.3+ might perform a little better...

Thanks

James

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.