RE: [Xen-devel] We still have to disable vtd for old chipset?

  • To: "Neo Jia" <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:19:34 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:20:02 -0700

This check was needed as some earlier versions of server platform does
not support p2m/vt-d page table sharing.

Since now we have separate page tables, we don't need that check
anymore.  You can just remove the check locally to get it to work on
your system.

We will submit a patch to remove it in the upstream.

Allen