[Xen-devel] Remapping memory in a HVM DomU from one pfn to another?

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:52:55 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 05:53:20 -0700

In a Windows DomU, I would like to do re-map a page of physical memory
that I have allocated from normal memory to somewhere in PCI memory
space.

I think I need to do the following:

1. Allocate a page of memory from the 'non-paged pool'
2. Get the pfn of the memory I allocated (src pfn), and the pfn of where
I want to remap the memory to (dst pfn)
3. Get the mfn(?) of the memory currently mapped to the src pfn
4. Tell Xen to remap the mfn to the dst pfn

Can this be done? Any tips on the calls I need to make to do it? From a
quick look through the include files it kind of looks like I could use
XENMEM_translate_gpfn_list to get the mfn from the pfn, but I don't know
if that does what I want to do and I don't know where to go from
there... any suggestions?

Thanks

James