[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] xentrace: fix tracing for 64bit guests

John Levon wrote:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 03:40:21AM -0700, Xen patchbot-unstable wrote:

# HG changeset patch
# User Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxx>
# Date 1213001138 -3600
# Node ID 268a9f8286f3ae259359fb3b31197e674b8c44b8
# Parent  5009f5d093cea2e55a3838bb7e6ee42c12b0f68a
xentrace: fix tracing for 64bit guests

Is this an incompatible change (a brief scan made it seem so) ? If so,
it probably needs a ChangeLog entry
It mostly adds additional tracepoints (marked by bit 8 as 64bit capable) and changing the CPUID trace, which was broken before (so this is more a fix). The user-space end of the traces is xentrace_format with the respective formats file, which I also changed. Otherwise I tried to be compatible. Given the fact that this was broken since at least February or so, I don't think that anyone seriously uses tracing and could be concerned about such changes. There are still some tracepoints logged but not interpreted by xentrace_format, I will send a patch later.

BTW: Has anyone tools for analyzing traces? Does someone use tracing regularly?

Regards,
Andre.

--
Andre Przywara