Re: [Xen-devel] Remapping memory in a HVM DomU from one pfn to another?

On 10/6/08 13:32, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It does for now. We should be using the existing PV 32-on-64 compat
> shim
>> for
>> memory_op() hypercall for HVM 32-on-64 too. As soon as someone does
> that
>> work, this hypercall will be available to you. It would already work
> for
>> HVM
>> 64-on-64 or 32-on-32.
>>

> I'll have to look for another way to get the job done then :)

Ben Guthro also just replied with the correct conclusion -- for this kind of
operation in 32-on-64 mode you are basically stuffed. There are no
alloc/dealloc/exchange functions exposed to the guest until someone plumbs
in the compat shim code (which already exists! It's just not plumbed into
this path.).

 -- Keir