Re: [Xen-devel] please revert c/s 17686

On 13/6/08 09:12, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I missed that warning printk. It does indeed look odd.
>>
>> As to this warning printk, we can simply replace it with an assert.
>
> That would make things worse, not better - the condition simply must be
> allowed (as said before, otherwise you won't be able to bring all CPUs
> at once into C3).

I think that C2/C3 are entered with IRQs disabled, but IRQ pending will kick
the CPU out of C2/C3 nonetheless. That CPU will then execute
hpet_broadcast_exit() before local_irq_enable() and hence the warning printk
will never actually fire. So it would be correct as a BUG_ON().

Is this correct, Wei?

 -- Keir