[Xen-users] Windows GPL PV Drivers 0.9.9-pre2

I've just uploaded a prerelease of 0.9.9 to
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/

Please read the following before using:

It fixes a few disk related bugs... I've just been testing it on a
Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 I have just restored from tape
into a DomU from a backup of a physical system and it's working fine -
0.9.8 BSOD'd almost immediately and then left me with a corrupt
filesystem, so that not happening with 0.9.9 is a good sign. Also,
hdtune now works for me without any problems, although performance is
sucky because it uses unaligned memory buffers.

The thing that's bugging me at the moment is how to make upgrades from
previous versions work nicely. Part of the problem is that some of the
drivers BSOD on close sometimes, which I should be able to fix if I can
catch it happening, but the main problem is that xenpci 0.9.8 (probably)
isn't going to work with xennet 0.9.9, and when windows upgrades the
drivers it will know that it has to upgrade xenpci next boot so it
defers it (because xenvbd is using it to manage the system drive), but
knows that it can upgrade xennet now, which introduces the version
mismatches.

I think booting without gplpv, performing the upgrade, then booting with
gplpv again might be a workaround but I'm not even sure if that will
work reliably, although probably more from the driver bugs.

In previous versions it would also have been sufficient just to copy the
.sys files to system32\drivers, but even that won't work with this
version as there is a new device filter installed for xenvbd (and soon
xenscsi), and there are associated .inf file updates.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. Any testing anyone can do
to tell me what works and what doesn't also appreciated, at least then I
can document it on the wiki.

Thanks

James