Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:37:17 -0400
From: zephyr.zhao@xxxxxxxxx
To: dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Xen - Guest memory allocation
CC: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can dom0 address the whole memory space if no other domU running? If so, it can freely allocate memory to other guests.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 3:34 PM, dinesh chandrasekaran <dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Weiming,

                            But did the same by editing the e820.c. That is, after xen boots up, if I type "xm dmesg" I could find my output which is
(000000000fff000000 - 00000000ffffffff (mypci_usable)).

I couldn't find the exact place in xen source where the memory allocation for DomU guests are performed.

Now how can I make XEN use the above (mypci_usable) memory range to allocate memory for all its DomU guests.

Thanks in advance
Dinesh C