Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Xen - Guest memory allocation

  • To: "dinesh chandrasekaran" <dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Derek Murray" <Derek.Murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:09:31 +0100
  • Cc: xen developers community <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen users community <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:09:59 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=BmXdU1mcHmKfEGzZQPVdujTAVRU9w7pLm10kPwQoi9+ovzXnOee13LVOjHxjlG2+TM hn/VPobrBea4xkZMUhjGakVUac0S3ZW67aXE9YrYetKgKuxOyDMoFvUTrhrflxvuOBVY v7x3kJYA2p80VG3tJioi5ck3n4Ce1at0WrHTU=

Hi Dinesh,

The pages that are used for a DomU's memory are allocated when the
domain builder (in Dom0) calls xc_domain_populate_physmap(), which
executes a hypercall and ultimately calls populate_physmap() in
xen/common/memory.c.

I'm not terribly familiar with this code, but it looks like it might
be possible to hack in a replacement to achieve your desired effect.

Regards,

Derek Murray.