Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.10 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows / jumbo frames and xen netback changes

  • To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:37:07 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:37:50 -0700

On 17/6/08 13:28, "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:

>>> There was some discussion about this earlier, but I guess there was no
>>> conclusion.. obviously this feature needs configuration on dom0 too
>>> (vif,bridge,peth).
>>>

>> Yes I've thought about it, but I don't think it's supported by netback
>> so there's not a lot I can do. I think some changes need to be made so
>> that netback and netfront/gplpv can tell each other the MTU in use.

So long as you advertise feature-sg in xenstore then netback will allow the
mtu to be increased to jumbo sizes. This doesn't happen automatically -- the
user will need to increase mtu both in the vif inside the guest and on the
vif exposed in dom0. But apart from that it will work!

 -- Keir