Re: [Xen-devel] MMIO ioremap() error with PCI passthrough

On 01/07/2008 17:42, Andy Burns wrote:

I tried adding irqpoll to the relevent stanza in /etc/grub.conf but the error still occurs.

DOH!

I had added irqpoll to the domU when it should have been dom0.

Now I have irqpoll in the dom0, tuner interrupts are being sent to the domU, and more importantly no longer getting the "nobody cared" message.

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
 16:        440        Phys-irq  saa7130[0]
256:       6187     Dynamic-irq  timer0
257:          0     Dynamic-irq  resched0
258:          0     Dynamic-irq  callfunc0
259:        689     Dynamic-irq  xenbus
260:        296     Dynamic-irq  xencons
261:       6624     Dynamic-irq  blkif
262:         32     Dynamic-irq  blkif
263:         24     Dynamic-irq  blkif
264:        713     Dynamic-irq  eth0

Thinking about the IRQ sharing, the SATA controller was giving about 6000 interrupts/second yesterday during expansion of a raid array, that is obviously quite exceptional, but sending so many unwanted interrupts via pciback/front is not a good thing, I'll have to do some tests later to see if it's a disastrously bad thing, for now I've moved the PCI card into the slot with less shared interrupts.

dvbscan still won't talk to the device but femon does, my second tuner is currently in a different machine, so I can compare and contrast.

# femon -h

FE: Philips TDA10046H DVB-T (DVBT)
status       | signal   0% | snr 100% | ber 0001fffe | unc 00000000 |

I connected the aerial to it, and despite what dvbscan/femon said, I thought I'd try a channel scan with mythtv anyway and it found one mux and has started populating the EPG, it should find several muxes (it's fed from the same amplifier as my other machine/tv) but I'll class that as "initially working" :-)