Re: [Xen-devel] PVM guests and p[yv]grub and the extra= parameter

Dan Magenheimer, le Wed 02 Jul 2008 11:17:45 -0600, a écrit :
> At Xen Summit, Ian's presentation touched on PVGrub which is
> intended to be a more secure replacement for PyGrub.
>
> I've noticed that PyGrub doesn't honor the extra= parameter
> in a VM config file (which adds additional kernel command line
> parameters, e.g. extra=1 will boot single-user mode).
>
> Will PVGrub?

Mmm, actually in PVGrub extra is used to point to the menu.lst file that
should be loaded.  It could however append the remainder of extra to the
kernel command line.  That however doesn't look very appealing to me, on
the principles.  Instead, would for instance being able to set the menu
entry to be activated by default be ok?

Samuel