RE: [Xen-devel] GPLPV Drivers 0.9.11-pre4 hang during boot - WindowsXP Pro SP2

  • To: "Sandro Sigala" <sandro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:32:15 +1000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:32:38 -0700

> Hello,
>
> James Harper wrote:
>  > I've only just gotten back to it - I tried upgrading my test
machine to
>  > 3.3-unstable (Debian package) and it was breaking badly.
>  >
>  > Two things I noticed:
>  >
>  > 1. you are using tap:aio - as a test, can you try using file:
instead?
>  > have never gotten tap:aio working. If you've already tried this and
>  > mentioned it to me then I apologise in advance :)
>
> Unfortunately I can't make a test: the "file:" access is broken in
Ubuntu
> Hardy, while it was working IIRC in Ubuntu Gutsy. On the other hand,
the
> "tap:aio" access is working perfectly in Hardy while was broken in
Gutsy
> :)

Hmmm... well according to the logs the fact that it is tap:aio doesn't
seem to be a problem - it's past where it crashes on my system when I
try with tap:aio.

I have uploaded a version of xenvbd.sys with a whole load of debug
statements in it which should give me more of an idea about what is
going on.

I have uploaded xenvbd-xp-debug.zip to
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads, please put the xenvbd.sys file in
c:\windows\system32\drivers and reboot and send me the debug output from
that.

Thanks

James