Re: [Xen-devel] Workaround for the corrupted Intel X48 DMAR table

On 14/7/08 07:47, "Neo Jia" <neojia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In line:  0100: 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff 7f 00 00 00 00, the RMRR reserved memory region starting address is even higher than its limit address.

Is there anyway to do a software workaround for this issue? I tried to simply ignore that entry in the "acpi_parse_one_rmrr" function, but I hit a panic in function "iommu_enable_translation".

This kind of thing makes me quite uneasy about enabling VT-d by default in Xen 3.3. I’m quite tempted to require ‘iommu’ on the command line to enable it.

 -- Keir