Re: [Xen-devel] xen src.rpm missing b-r

[Resend from subscribed address]

On 22/07/2008 07:01, Jerry Amundson wrote:

xen src.rpm is missing some build requires:
gcc (make[3]: gcc: Command not found)

I don't know if Xen/Centos packaging is a tightly specified as Fedora's,
which has explicit "not-wanted" BuildRequires, including gcc and make.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions_2

I installed Minimum CentOS 5.1.

Try doing a

yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

that caught most of them for me on CentOS5.2 (I think I still needed a
manual ncurses-devel for make menuconfig and gnugpg for module signing)