Re: [Xen-devel] HVM direct boot broken in xen-unstable

Daniel P. Berrange writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] HVM direct boot broken in
xen-unstable"):
> It works in the same way as booting PV off kernel+initrd - basically
> take a HVM guest config file and add [...]

Thanks.  With that I was able to reproduce the problem and I think I
have now fixed it in this changeset:

    commit a7104be2d6a521dfdcf1ce9f82ae40525e223775
    Author: Ian Jackson <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date:   Tue Jul 22 15:49:52 2008 +0100

        Fix HVM direct kernel booting.

This is available now (untested other than ad-hoc by me) at
   http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/qemu-xen.git
and will make it to the usual locations on xenbits in due course.

> I think I've identified the problem. In the load_linux() method, the
> line where we copy the header into guest memory:
> [etc]

This was indeed a problem but not the only one.

Ian.