RE: [Xen-devel] Bug in xenstore once domid gets big?

> James Harper writes ("[Xen-devel] Bug in xenstore once domid gets
big?"):
> > To test if there was any cruft built up in my xenstore, I did a
> > 'xenstore-ls | wc -l', and got a segfault and a "kernel: invalid
opcode:
> > 0000 [2] SMP" message in my syslog.
>
> Try
>   xenstore-ls -f -s
>
> -s makes it use a socket rather than Xen IDC mechanisms to talk to
> xenstore.

That works, so I can see that there are 77949 lines in the xenstore when
the domid counter is up to 3050. In comparison, a dom0 where the domid
counter is up to 868 only has 1688 lines. Based on that very limited
measurement, the rate of growth does not appear to be linear...

The performance is definitely getting worse and worse the higher domid
gets.

James