Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-OS and Xen!

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 14:01 +0800, Jayaraman, Bhaskar wrote:
> Hi I have a doubt regarding Mini-OS and Xen. If it is true that Xen
> reserves in the virtual address space the top 64MB on 32bit systems
> and 168MB in PAE systems, doesnât it exist with a Mini-OS kernel which
> has only 32MB in size i.e. going by its default config file? Obviously
> Iâm missing something.

Virtual address space size is always a full 32bit or 64bit,
respectively. That's not yet memory, but mere address space.

Parts of which are mapped to a hypervisor and a guest system,
respectively. Now it's memory.

Therein, guest system size does not include hypervisor size.

Best,
Daniel

--
Daniel Stodden
LRR     -      Lehrstuhl fÃr Rechnertechnik und Rechnerorganisation