[Xen-devel] Re: Announcing: Open OVF project source code availibility

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:34:33AM -0400, Mike D. Day wrote:
> Announcing the open-ovf project and source code availibility.
>
> Hi folks, we are announcing the availibility of source code for the
> open-ovf project.

Why was the Eclipse Public License chosen ?  This license is not
compatible with the GPL[1], so no GPL licensed app can make use of
this code :-( For example it makes it impossible to use this code to
assist in supporting OVF in virt-manager, virt-install or virt-image

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_Public_License

  "The EPL 1.0 is not compatible with the GPL, and a work created by
   combining a work licensed under the GPL with a work licensed under
   the EPL cannot be lawfully distributed."

Daniel