Re: [Xen-devel] trigger an interrupt in HVM

On 26/8/08 04:19, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> If you must be able to trigger event delivery via the HVM IRQ
> mechanism
>> from
>> within your HVM guest then I suggest you allocate an IPI event channel
> and
>> do a notify hypercall on that. That will have the side effect of
>> triggering
>> an interrupt and 'flushing through' all other pending events.
>>

> That doesn't seem to work... I allocate the IPI event channel which in
> my case gives me event channel 7, but a notify on port 7 doesn't appear
> to end up calling the IRQ... or if it does, it doesn't set the bits for
> that port.

You did request to bind the IPI port to vcpu0? Otherwise it won't work.

Also you will need to handle that port in your IRQ handler somehow (at least
the event selector bit and the event pending bit). Otherwise the IPI will
obviously only fire once.

 -- Keir