Re: [Xen-devel] [SPAM] About the differences between Version 3.3 and Version 3.0

Fang Yuming, le Thu 28 Aug 2008 09:48:47 +0800, a écrit :
> 1. If there are many disk requests coming from different domains
> simultaneously, how would the backend driver of the domain0 process
> these requests? Does it processes them through FIFO algorithm?

They are just queued in the dom0 kernel, which schedules them just like
process requests.

> 2. In version 3.0, where is the code about disk backend driver of
> domain0? Is it in linux-2.6-xen-sparse\drivers\xen\blkback?

Yes.

> Do these codes include the algorithm processing disk requests from
> different domains?

No, Xen just lets linux do that, in block/*iosched.c

> 3. I found the newest Version is Version 3.3, can anyone tell me the majors
> differences between
> Version 3.3 and Version 3.0?

See the announces of 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3.

> And is there any change in the part of virtual disk, especially the
> scheduling alogithm of different disk requests from domains?

Again, that's just dom0's Linux matter.

Samuel