Re: [Xen-devel] PV-GRUB - Does not read partition-less disk

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 09:38:36PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Bastian Blank, le Fri 12 Sep 2008 21:16:36 +0200, a Ãcrit :
> > It simply refuses to find filesystems on the whole disk. If I remove the
> > current_disk check it is able to find the filesystem.
> Uh, so that's an upstream bug, isn't it?

Yes. Many PC BIOS and even the OpenPOWER OF refuses to boot from disks
without a partition table, so I doubt that such a setup is used often on
real machines.

Bastian

--
Men of peace usually are [brave].
                -- Spock, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5