Re: [Xen-devel] One question on alloc_bitmap

On 19/9/08 10:17, "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Any idea on it?
>>
>> Yes, it could be sparsely allocated in future. No reason why not.
>
> Thanks for your clarification. We ask this because we are considering memory
> online.

I would suggest we allocate a virtual address range for the bitmap and then
demand-populate mappings in that area. Just as we do for the frame_table.

The alternative is an explicit radix tree data structure, but we may as well
make use of the page-table structures to do the lookup work for us.

 -- Keir