[Xen-devel] Stubdom and blktap

Recently we had a try of stubdom, whose general status is good.

One issue we found is with aio/sync blktap as backend, disk performance is obviously slower, and there are some IDE kernel error messages (like irq timeout) at boot time.

Another issue (not stubdom specific) comes from blktap's support for QCOW image which is based on a backing file. We never tried this configure before. The root cause is that in tdqcow_get_parent_id(), the backing file is hard-coded to be QCOW type and tdqcow_validate_parent() also presumes it, though the backing file is a raw image normally. With the image type set correctly and a good method for image validation, QCOW works.

Thanks,
Xiaowei