RE: [Xen-devel] Re: super page with live migration

> I'm not familiar with restore proecss. Just a curious question.
> Is it difficult or intrusive if we still keep 2MB frame even when
> next 511 pages across batch boundary?

We should optimistically allocate a 2MB frame if the rest of the batch
we can see is contiguous.

> Then when pages in
> future batches come, we just copy them into previously
> allocated 2MB frame covering them.

Yes, they'll already have p2m table entries as a result of the earlier
allocation.

If the frames turn out not to be contiguous, we should allocate a buffer
in the heap, copy the earlier pages into it, free the 2MB frame,
allocate 4KB frames and copy the data in.

> I'm just not sure about
> the possibility for an individual 4k pseudo-phys page occuring
> in early patch, which then result most following superpages
> across batch boundary, and thus few 2MB frame can be
> allocated in target side. Maybe this concern is not true due to
> batch creation in save process? :-)

The first iteration sends frames in-order, so it should be fine.

Ian