RE: [Xen-devel] guest physical to xen machine copy?

OK, thanks!  Sorry to belabour this further, but getting
this wrong has resulted in dom0 data corruption so I'm
trying to get it right this time :-)

> Xen doesn't do pfn-to-mfn translation for PV guests...

So there's no way to do this from inside Xen then?

Then I gather I need to be passing an mfn to Xen instead
of a gpfn.  To do so, it looks like I call pfn_to_mfn()
in the paravirtualized guest.  But how can this work
on a 32-bit-PV-on-64-bit-Xen since pfn_to_mfn() returns
an unsigned long?

Also, once I've got an (pvguest-translated-gpfn-to-) mfn
inside of Xen, do I still do a gfn_to_mfn() on it?
(Shouldn't matter because it just returns the gfn, right?)

I've now tried various combinations of these with known
data in the page being passed by the pv guest, but the
wrong data is found on the xen side, so I'm clearly
still missing something.

BTW, all this works when passing the page as a guest
virtual address, but the virtual addresss of the page
isn't always accessible on the guest side.

Guest side:

Xen side:

    if (is_pv_32on64_vcpu(current))
        gpfn.p = (void *)((unsigned long)gpfn.p & 0xfffffUL);
    dst_mfn = page_to_mfn(xen_page);
    guest_mfn = gfn_to_mfn(current->domain,(unsigned long)gpfn.p,&t);
    if (!p2m_is_ram(t))
    {
        bad_addr_copies++;
        printk("bad copy_from_guest: gpfn=%lu mfn=%lu\n",(unsigned
long)gpfn.p,guest_mfn);
        return 0;
    }
    dst_va = map_domain_page(dst_mfn);
    guest_va = map_domain_page(guest_mfn);
    i = __copy_from_user(dst_va, guest_va, PAGE_SIZE);
    if (i)
        printk("copy_from_guest failed: gpfn=%lu mfn=%lu va=%p\n",(unsigned
long)gpfn.p,guest_mfn,guest_va);
    if (*(uint32_t *)guest_va != 0x12345678)
        printk("copy_from_guest bad data: gpfn=%lu mfn=%lu va=%p\n",(unsigned
long)gpfn.p,guest_mfn,guest_va);
    unmap_domain_page(guest_va);
    unmap_domain_page(dst_va);