From: Keir Fraser [mailto:keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:15 AM
To: Kamble, Nitin A
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: cpuid information to hvm guest

I applied a patch that does this as changeset 18560.

 -- Keir

On 29/9/08 22:30, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How about the following changes to our default HVM CPUID?

 Guest_CPUID.1:EBX[23:17] = Host_CPUID.1:EBX[22:16]
 Guest_CPUID.1:EBX[16] = 0
 Guest_CPUID.4:EAX[31:27] = Host_CPUID.4:EAX[30:26]
 Guest_CPUID.4:EAX[26] = 1
 Guest_CPUID.1:EDX[28] = Host_CPUID.1:EDX[28]

Basically pass-through HT/multicore support, but specify max-cores-per-package and max-threads-per-package as twice the host values. This deals with the fact our virtual APIC IDs are 2*VCPUID.

 -- Keir