[Xen-devel] DomU file system modification.

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Dushmanta Mohapatra" <dushmanta.mohapatra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:28:36 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:28:59 -0700

Hi,

I am working on putting a movie player into a guest Domain. My environment is Xen 3.2 on top of Fedora 8.

Generally I use the same 2.6.18 kernel supplied for Xen Dom0 for my Dom U file systems (obtained from jailtime.org).

But the jail time images are very limited in functionalities put into them. So I would like to create a new file
system containing all the necessary libraries for my purpose.

So my question is how should  I proceed to create a DomU file system (is debootstrapping the right way?) and for a movie player
like 'mplayer' what necessary libraries should I put into my DomU file system. I guess X support needs to be put into the DomU.
But how do I do that? Earlier I had tried mounting the jailtime image and installing X into it . But did not work out for me.

Has any one done some thing related to this before. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Dushmanta