RE: [Xen-devel] Measure performance of hypercalls

> If you want to find the performance of hypercalls, you'll have to add
> some instrumentation.  You can extend xentrace to find out the number
> of *cycles* executed in a hypercall by taking a trace (with a
> timestamp) at hypercall entry and exit.  We do this already for
> vmenter/vmexit.

Hmmm... lots of interesting things can happen between a hypercall
entry and exit, eg. domain switch, interrupts, timer queues, etc.
So just taking a pair of timestamps is not likely to have the
desired result.

I too am interested in a similar measurement (for a specific hypercall),
so if there IS a way to do this with reasonable accuracy, please
correct me.