[Xen-devel] force 'xm save' to use non-PVonHVM method even when PVonHVM drivers are running

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 17:58:53 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:59:18 -0800

I'm trying to figure out where and why the GPLPV are often not
recovering after a 'xm save' 'xm restore' cycle. After the 'xm restore'
the system hangs hard. I can use the windows debugger, but because of
the busy waiting that is done around the shutdown hypercall the windows
debugger runs horribly slowly.

What I'd like to do instead is to dump the domain in it's broken state
out to a file and see if I can extract something out of it that way.
Unfortunately, because PV drivers are installed, 'xm save' wants to use
them to do the suspend.

Any suggestions? If I tinker with the 'save' code that xm uses and
comment out the right parts of the code will it work?

Thanks

James