Re: [Xen-devel] irq_guest_eoi_timer interaction with MSI

  • To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:42:59 +0000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 01:43:21 -0800

A perfectly reasonable fix if you are not worried about guest-initiated irq
storms (e.g. because all devices are controlled by dom0) would be to remove
the eoi_timer logic. Otherwise we could relax it some (e.g., require N IRQs
to get stacked up rather than just 1; or add explicit rate limiting).

We only disable MSI when the device does not support masking. Perhaps we
should make disable/enable no-ops in that case?

 -- Keir