Re: [Xen-devel] xen panic when intel VT set to "auto" in BIOS

On 20/11/08 16:00, "Alexander Benaguev" <abenaguev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Keir Fraser wrote:
>> Your second CPU is not an exact match with your first. You'll have to leave
>> VT disabled or use only one CPU. :-)
> Dear Keir, thanks for your reply. What makes you think so? It's bought
> through IBM. It has special configurator according to which processors
> are exactly the same and additional cpu fits the configuration. And
> cpu's markings are the same too.

It's what a crash in that area of code is usually down to. You can confirm
it -- boot native Linux and 'cat /proc/cpuinfo'. Take a look at each
reported CPU's model and stepping (you should get four, since you have 2 x
dual core). I think you'll find steppings differ. We've had this reported on
at least one IBM system in the past. If it is the problem, perhaps you could
get them to set you up with a properly matched pair?

 -- Keir