Re: [Xen-devel] irq_guest_eoi_timer interaction with MSI

>>> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 25.11.08 09:30 >>>
>On 25/11/08 08:15, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> The fixmap stuff is a bit ugly and I would just have done a
>>> map_domain_page_global() for 32-bit Xen (good enough as far as I'm
>>> concerned). I'm not dead set against your approach if you like it very much,
>>> though.
>>
>> But just as map_domain_page(), map_domain_page_global() can't be used
>> out of IRQ context...
>
>I would have kept the page mapped from when it was registered until domain
>death. Same as we do for guest-registered vcpu_info.

Oh, I indeed didn't consider that option. The question is - does it scale?
2Mb doesn't seem all that much for a global pool, but otoh it's perhaps
unlikely that 32-bit hypervisors would have to manage too large an
amount of domains/vCPU-s. So yes, I'll go that route.

Jan